There have been some significant and temporary changes at Main Street United as outlined at the beginning of yesterday’s Palm Sunday Service for all who were present. Rumours abound though and sadly a number are complete fallacy and sadly destructive. Please feel free to share this list of facts for any concerned.
Here are the facts:
1. Main Street United Church is NOT condemned!
2. The 1880 portion of the building (both upstairs and down) is temporarily off limits until a qualified structural engineer gives the all clear.
3. This is simply a PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE.
4. Nothing has fallen down and no one has been hurt.
5. There are a handful of new cracks in the plaster that may be indicative of a structural problem, we simply do not know for sure.
6. The back addition is open, fine and is being used as usual.
7. Palm Sunday services were held in the Lockhart Reception Centre next door with excellent attendance and much positive feedback about the temporary location.
8. ALL services will continue as usual.
Look to this website or call the church office for the latest updates. We’ll do our best to keep all informed.
Blessings this Holy Week as we move inevitably towards Christ’s Glory,